Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A time when my Credit Card balance was $0

When I got married 4 years ago our credit card balance was $0.  Yes $0.  And it stayed at $0 for about a year and a half.  We were even able to start a savings!  At one point we had $2500 in saving and $1500 in the bank on a consistent basis.  In fact, I had a automatic alert set up to tell me when our checking account went under $1500. 

I worked full time making $30,000 a year while my husband was going to school.  He was a student athlete on scholarship so his "job" brought in about $400 a month.  We would occasionally go out to eat.  Every once in a while we did buy a few "extras."  Like a suit for hubby and a Nixon watch for me.  I very rarely bought new clothes.  I was proud at how we were saving and staying away from excess spending.

Then I got pregnant.  And that changed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment